[HOT] Can you help to teach me OSM

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 10:55:30 UTC 2015

Hi Ian

If you need a face-to-face meet-up with somebody, your best bet is the midlands user group:http://www.mappa-mercia.org/contact

That's quite an active group. They have regular meet-ups in Birmingham, and occasionally other places I believe. They're all keen on OpenStreetMap in general, and particularly mapping the midlands area. I don't know if there's any hardcore HOTties in that group but there's sure to be some who are at least bit interested in humanitarian work, and happy to help.

Alternatively I guess it might be possible for somebody to teach you via a skype video call This then raises bigger questions. Could we get lots of people watching? Could we record it as a training video? But a more casual one-on-one session with somebody would be less pressure. I'm not the best person to volunteer to teach you this way, since I'm not a big OsmAND user (Not yet. Perhaps I should watch a training video!)

...and of course there's lots of self-teaching resources. I notice we have a chapter on LearnOSM.org about OsmAND:  http://learnosm.org/en/mobile-mapping/osmand/

Harry