[HOT] [OSM-np] Nepal Earthquake / HOT Response / Needs?

Nama Budhathoki namabudhathoki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:10:06 UTC 2015

Kathmandu Living Labs is working to coordinate the mapping work. It is 6am;
give us some time to get establish contact with response agencies and
identify the needs.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:46 AM, Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jgc at arkemie.com>
wrote:

>  Just in case it could be useful, here is a uMap that could be used to
> collect collaboratively and openly information about damage location.
>
> I was thinking primarily about road blocks, which could be used as input
> for routing, either by entering them into OSM or by coupling them with OSM
> data. But it could also be used for collapsed buildings, landslides, or
> other needs.
>
> It can be edited by anyone, including the categories. Data layers can be
> imported or exported, as geojson for example.
>
> For now, it only includes a couple of collapsed buildings to give an idea
> (and epicenter and replicas as background):
> http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/fr/map/nepal-254-earthquake-damage_37698
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jean-Guilhem
>

> Le 25/04/2015 21:22, Saroj Dhakal a écrit :
>
> Hi Mikel,
>
> If you are interested about the areas of the damage . It's Kathmandu
> valley (older part of Kathmandu and Bhaktapur) . Nuwakot and all over the
> Nepal basically the center Gorkha .
>
> Please keep posted if you want more info.
>
> Thanks,
> Saroj
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015, 5:59 PM Mikel Maron <mikel at groundtruth.in> wrote:
>
>>  Hope you and yours are all ok.
>>
>>  International digital humanitarian community is ramping up response to
>> today's earthquake. HOT is ready to activate. Any information on the
>> situation that can lead mapping requirements is helpful.
>>
>>  -Mikel
>>
>>  * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Nama R. Budhathoki, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Kathmandu Living Labs *(www.kathmandulivinglabs.org