[HOT] Nepal Earthquake Mapping- REQUEST FOR HELP

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:48:21 UTC 2015

Hi Heather and Nama,

Currently projects 994 and 1001 cover several of Nama's priority areas,
especially 994.

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/994

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1001

I have updated those projects to show the priority areas Nama has
identified.

However, those projects are for mapping roads only and Nama has
requested buildings and open areas also be mapped.

I am not really sure how we should handle that so I am going to let
these projects continue as they are, if anyone is working on them and
wants to map open areas that would be great.

But it actually looks like these first pass projects to do the road
network will complete the initial mapping phase pretty soon (some are
80+ percent) So if everyone could focus on finishing up those two
projects, at least the initial mapping that will make it a lot easier to
create specific projects tailored to Nama's priorities exactly.

Then I think  we should create more targeted tasks based on Nama's
priorities and have those do buildings and open areas.

The main places that are not targeted by any of the existing tasks are
Kathmandu Valley itself and areas due west of Kathmandu.

Regards,
Blake