[HOT] Garmin Map

Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de
Mon Apr 27 08:03:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 04/27/2015 12:37 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:

> Looking at Geofabrik latest addition [http://labs.geofabrik.de/nepal/
> directory of files] updated every 30 minutes, I see that this also offer
> files formatted for Garmin devices.

I try to make updates as often as I can.

My map has a slightly different look (like topo maps) and it has
optional height contour lines (from SRTM). Might be useful to some
people there. It is divided into several map layers (OSM data, SRTM
contours, buildings. These can be switched on and off in the gps device.
I offer one version for older Garmin devices with one gmapsupp.img
containing all layers as different family IDs and one version which has
a seperate IMG file for every layer. This version works on the newer
devices which can handle more than one IMG file at a time.

Best regards

Ralf