[HOT] Garmin Map

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 27 15:48:55 UTC 2015

Great Ralf
add a line to the table in the wiki page describing specific features.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2015_Nepal_earthquake#Exporting_OpenStreetMap_data    cheers
Pierre

      De : Ralf Kleineisel <ralf at kleineisel.de>
 À : hot at openstreetmap.org
 Envoyé le : Lundi 27 avril 2015 4h03
 Objet : Re: [HOT] Garmin Map

Hi,

On 04/27/2015 12:37 AM, Pierre Béland wrote:

> Looking at Geofabrik latest addition [http://labs.geofabrik.de/nepal/
> directory of files] updated every 30 minutes, I see that this also offer
> files formatted for Garmin devices.

I try to make updates as often as I can.

My map has a slightly different look (like topo maps) and it has
optional height contour lines (from SRTM). Might be useful to some
people there. It is divided into several map layers (OSM data, SRTM
contours, buildings. These can be switched on and off in the gps device.
I offer one version for older Garmin devices with one gmapsupp.img
containing all layers as different family IDs and one version which has
a seperate IMG file for every layer. This version works on the newer
devices which can handle more than one IMG file at a time.

Best regards

Ralf