[HOT] AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!

Andrew Buck andrew.r.buck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:18:32 UTC 2015

I do agree with you in principle, and actually suggested using the
information on the task manager linke number of tiles a user has
completed to do things like flag new users tiles for extra caution in
validating and such.  Whether we want to restrict validating by them
as well is another possibility.  We need to be very careful though to
not discourage them because new users are the people that become
experienced users a short time later and we need all the volunteers we
can get.

Also, I do think we tend to focus too much on the task manager,
especially during activations; that is why I mentioned the josm thing.
 It is an excellent tool, and we should definitely continue using it,
but we should also look at other ways more experienced mappers can
help out.  Downloading large areas by an experienced mapper and 'spot
checking' them it a very good, and efficient, way of doing QA for
those that know how.  We need to be thinking of these other, non task
manager, workflows for more experienced mappers that don't interfere
with the workers on the task managers, but also allow for more
efficient work by those who can handle the tools.

- -AndrewBuck