[HOT] AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 28 13:57:10 UTC 2015

I would add to this,
This is the ransom of the success we had with the OpenStreetMap responses over the last few years
- Haiti 2010 1.5 million edits- Haiyan 2013 4.5 million edits- Ebola  million edits 16 milllions up to now?
- Nepal 2015, 1.5 million edits in three days (my last count yesterday night)
These HOT activations are quite a labotary, both very frustrating and motivating. We grow rapidly, interconnect with more organizations and constantly have to revise our workflows, adapt to new contexts.
At the same time, this is what's make our force.
What's can help the most in such HOT activations is some groups of experimented OSM contributors that take tasks like validation or routing. At the same time, the coordination is very important. Workflows and progress should be discussed.
Amazing also all the products that came out in the last few days proposed by various developpers. Too busy to list them now. Please add these in the wiki.

Cheer

Pierre