[HOT] TomNod integration for the next time around

William Morris wboykinm at geosprocket.com
Wed Apr 29 13:35:38 UTC 2015

Hi Eric,

I can't speak to DG's intent in using TomNod, though I assume there's a
visibility component. But to echo what Daniel said, the TomNod system has a
lower barrier to entry for new participants. This isn't to say that OSM
can't be made accessible - it would be fairly straightforward to rebuild
TomNod using OSM notes, for instance.

But DG has their system in place and they're being very open about the data
produced, so it seems like it would behoove us to engage with another info
source.

-B