[HOT] TomNod integration for the next time around

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:16:17 UTC 2015

> I don't really understand what TomNod does

It's a giant slippy map loading newer imagery and asking for simple
tagging. As you scroll it marks tiles as reviewed.

High overlap with the purpose of the tasking manager in building tracing
then updating those with appropriate damage tags; ditto road blocks etc;
but because it has a much simpler task it seems to be easier to use.

Blocked roads certainly would be worthwhile adding in to a variety of
routing solutions - OSM for the roads, TomNod for the obstacles kind of
thing. Ditto updating major buildings in OSM that are heavily
damaged/destroyed.

If the resulting data is licensed CC 3.0; then its
not necessarily proprietary in this instance.