[HOT] limit validation to experienced users

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:49:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I wasn't able to read all the email I got for the last 3 days, and
there's a ton of those.

However, I've seen a lot of people complaining about beginner mappers
validating tasks even if they're not experienced enough to do so.
Before we find a way to avoid this with additions to the tasking
manager, I think there may be a workaround.

What about making the (100% done) projects in a private mode
temporarily and give access to a limited list of users so that they
can validate the done tasks.

This could be used for this project for example:
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1008

This would prevent beginners to come to this project, wonder what to
do and then validate tasks even if they don't know what they're doing.

My 2 cents.

Pierre