[HOT] Contents of HOT Digest

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Mon Aug 17 14:19:02 UTC 2015

Hello Mwanja,

Thank you and welcome to the HOT community.  There really is so many things that both HOT as an organization and individually what our community members are involved in that it’s near impossible to keep up on all of it. Organizationally, most things will be discussed on this mailing list; the most important things will be announced here as well as our ‘HOT-announce’ mailing list: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot-announce

Also our staff and many others in the community create blog-posts/updates regarding specific projects through our website: http://hotosm.org/updates - which you can follow via RSS.  We also maintain a social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (and we’re working on a better YouTube and Flickr presence); links to those can be found on our wiki-page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team#Communication

Also if you explore our wiki, there is a lot of information about our Disaster Mapping projects, Working Groups, and lots of other HOT happenings.

It does take quite a bit to find the best way that works for you to stay informed and get involved in the things that interest you, but at any time feel free to ask questions on this mailing list or one of our live chat platforms: IRC for text only, Mumble for text and voice.

Thank you again for your interest in HOT!

=Russ

Russell Deffner

Chairperson for the Voting Members

Email: Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org

OSM/Skype: russdeffner

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

Web <http://hotosm.org/>  | Wiki <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team>  | Blog <http://hotosm.org/updates>  | Contact <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team#Communication>  | Donate <http://hotosm.org/donate>