[HOT] New JOSM Plugin - Imagery Brightness/Contrast, Sharpen, RGB Adjust - among others

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:12:14 UTC 2015

Hi all,

A very useful plugin was released last week for JOSM that should allow
for the adjustment of imagery to make it easier for mapping.

The Plugin is called "RasterFilters" because it applies "filters" to
"raster" layers, but for us non experts, that just means we can adjust
brightness/contrast, sharpen and otherwise adjust imagery layers for
mapping :)

The full details on how to use the plugin are here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RasterFilters

So far it crashes for me and I have not gotten it to work but I
encourage JOSM users to give it a try and provide feedback to the JOSM
developers if you run into any trouble and I'd love to hear if anyone
gets it working what OS and Java versions you are using in case that is
my problem.

Cheers and happy mapping
blake