[HOT] South Sudan mapping - nice feedback and some new projects

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:59:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We received a very nice email from the Information Manager working at
the South Sudan NGO Forum Secretariat, a group of national and
international NGOs working in South Sudan.

http://southsudanngoforum.org/

He expressed how helpful the mapping Missing Maps and HOT have done is
to their member organizations and mentioned that the level of detail
provided by OSM was greater than any other maps they have available.

A few of their member organizations have asked if we could fill in some
of the areas they are working in that have not been fully mapped yet.

Toward that end, I have created the first of a few projects for them and
published it on our Tasking Manager.

http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1167

It is a pretty small rural and village area for Veterinarians without
Boarders - Switzerland, a group that focuses on health and poverty by
training people in lay-vet skills and healthy livestock practices.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Blake