[HOT] Projects on the HOT OSM Tasking Manager - lots of them

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:28:50 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Dale, among others have been working to update and review all the
current projects on HOT's main OSM Tasking Manager:

http://tasks.hotosm.org/

After much work on their part, a lot of projects have shifted up in the
list.

If you have not had a chance to visit the tasking manager lately, it
would be a great time to do so as there are a lot of new mapping
projects and existing projects that need mapping.

We really need more regular mappers as we get more and more requests for
HOT mapping. HOT and OSM's value is being recognized by more and more
humanitarian organizations and we are very challenged to keep up with
the requests we get. Any amount of time you can donate to mapping is
very helpful.

Tweeting and Facebooking out the MapGive "Why Map?" video would also
make a huge impact. They have easy to click twitter and facebook links
on their why map page:

http://mapgive.state.gov/why-map/

And there are links to the learn to map videos they make as well.

And of course, while you are tweeting and sharing about HOT, please help
spread the word about our first ever direct fundraising effort:

https://donate.hotosm.org/

Cheers,
Blake