[HOT] [info-hotosm] Re: HOT Task Manager

Wei, Hui (STATCAN) hui.wei at canada.ca
Tue Dec 29 13:47:06 UTC 2015

Good morning HOT Tasking Manger community,

I was redirected to your group for the Tasking Manager application. Basically we are looking for some web tools like TM for our crowdsourcing data collection initiatives.

The tool should have the following capabilities:

1.       Allow the admin to invite the community for their contribution to the data collection using open source data (OSM),

2.       Define the feature types and data model for data collection,

3.       Create and assign job task area grids to user community,

4.       Monitor the data collection progress from contributors,

5.       Download & export the collected geo-data.

A preliminary research on your website http://tasks.hotosm.org/about led me to your group since I only found some guide on how to use the tasking manager but no such a document on how to set up and admin a new project using Tasking Manager.

My question here is if we wanted to initiate our test project, how can we set up a project (within Canada) with an admin privilege? Should we download the source code from GitHub and deploy it in our environment (if so, what is the typical deployment environment) or your group can help create a new project for us? The data collected will be contributed to Open Data community eventually.

Please advise.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Hui

Hui Wei
Technical Advisor | Conseiller Technique
IT Mapping and GIS services | Services TI de la cartographie et des SIG
Administrative and Dissemination Systems Division | Division des systèmes administratifs et de diffusion
Jean Talon Building | Immeuble Jean-Talon / Floor | Étage 3 D-7
Statistics Canada | 170 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 170, promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
hui.wei at canada.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-851-6840
Cellular | Cellulaire 613-823-1483