[HOT] HOT Mappers at Stanford?

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 23:18:57 UTC 2015

 > If you can't find someone with experience locally then I seem to recall
 > that there have been some training sessions using Google+?

Google Hangouts "Live On Air" is what I have used to do remote training
before.

It works pretty well. It allows screen sharing so the presenter can work
on their own machine and present that to the group for demonstration and
training and then allows a local person to share their screen so the
remote person can help that person map and when the "hangout" is done it
automatically uploads the session to youtube after it is over for
watching later.

You would just need room with a decent projector and have one laptop
join the Google Hangout and connect that laptop to the projector.

I guess multiple computers could join the google hangout as well if the
projector wasn't available or even if it was, individuals could work
with the presentation directly on their screen (bandwidth permitting).

Also, if you don't find a local person via this list, you might consider
asking on either or both: OSM-Talk or Talk-US lists. You might find
experienced local OSM mappers near you who have worked on HOT tasks but
do not subscribe to this HOT list.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mailing_lists

The really cool thing is you have local contacts in Bangladesh to let
whomever does the training know exactly what and how they would like
their locality mapped by remote mappers.

Cheers,
Blake

   The