[HOT] Bangladesh mapping - first batch of field papers - help us upload the data!

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:27:06 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

Just a bit of an update on this...

I know people trying to edit the data are struggling with handwriting /
spelling on some of the sheets. I have spoken to one of the mappers (who
also does translation work) and he is happy to do a proofread of the name
tags after the event to clean up mispellings (thanks Ribin!)

Also, a large NGO is planning to use the data gathered in Hazaribagh to do
a health survey in about ten days! This is, of course, great news. But, it
does mean we need to accelerate the data entry as we need to get all the
industrial landmarks (tanneries, factories, recycling plants) in by the
weekend if possible.

Depending how things go tonight, I may try and organise a last minute
mapping party here in London, but if you have some time, it would be much
appreciated.

Lastly, Nick Allen (Tallguy) is doing a load of great work on OSM at the
moment and is interested in adding field papers into this. If anyone
fancies noting down their field papers workflow and doing some screenshots
/ images, he is up for organising into a LearnOSM section.

That's all folks!

And thanks again for all your help!

Pete