[HOT] WRI forest tracks import in Congo Basin

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:32:15 UTC 2015

Hi list:

This is a call for comments on an import of WRI data for 6 countries
in the Congo Basin (Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Rep.
(CAR), Gabon, Dem. Rep. of Congo (DRC) and Republic of Congo). It
seems that only Cameroon and, maybe, DRC have a local community, so
that's why I ask for advice here before going to the imports list.
This same email will be sent to talk-cm and talk-cm (Cameroon),
talk-cd (DRC) and talk-cf (CAR), so sorry for duplicities.

All import is explained in a wiki [1] (with links to the original
files, importing files and scripts), and the actual (manual) import
workflow explained in another wiki [2].

Import will be done using one HOT TM job for each country, and will be
validated afterwards by a group of volunteers, who will add more
tracks and other (yet to be decided) features.

Any feedback is highly welcome.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1]