[HOT] 2015 February Activation Working Group Meeting

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:54:35 UTC 2015

Forwarding to HOT - English.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Severin Menard <severin.menard at gmail.com>
Subject: [Hot-francophone] 2015 February Activation Working Group Meeting
To: "hot-francophone at openstreetmap.org" <hot-francophone at openstreetmap.org>

Hi all,

Just a reminder that, as we are the second Tuesday of the month, the
Activation Working Group meeting will occur today at 2PM UTC on IRC on
the #hot IRC channel on OFTC (Click here if you do not have an IRC
client, put an nickname and select the #hot channel at the very bottom
of the list before logging. If you do not know what IRC is, it is
basically an open platform for texting online in thematic rooms).

Notes and log from the previous meeting are here.
What we have in the agenda (of course, anyone can raise any other topic)

1 Activations

* Floods in Malawi and Mozambique
There is already a job on Lower Shire in Southern Malawi, progressing
slowly, but another flood extent layer is available now, not as
precise as the one for Lower Shire but covering the whole affected
areas. An official activation could be done. We have contacts with
humanitarian stakeholders in Malawi (from the HOT Project in the field
during the last Summer), not yet in Mozambique. Helpful is someone
help me to identify/map affected areas around Zomba, Mulanje, Phalombe
and Blantyre City.

* Crisis in Northern Nigeria
Fred, Nicolas and I contacted humanitarian to set if it would be
beneficial and not detrimental to map these areas in conflict and it
is OK. Nicolas will detail that in an email to come

* CAR (Central African Republic)
Thanks to the MapGive project, we have two new imagery to cover cities
in "Bing holes", Rafai and Obo, that will complete the map of all the
admin 1 and 2 in the country (except a few minor towns). See the uMap
for a clear picture. A blog post should be done shortly.

* South Sudan
Juba is progressing well now, and other towns are also mapped through
the Missing Map Project with whom we will coordinate more. Help for
monitoring and prepare jobs is welcome

* Ebola
Would be good to have an update from Pierre and Andrew. AFAIK there
are cases close to the western border of Ivory Coast where there is
unfortunately a "Bing hole".

2 Documentation

* TOR are still to be adopted. Please read them and give your feedback

* Through the Grant given by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
due to the huge contribution from the hot/osm community during the
Ebola activation, an Activation documentation and training project is
being planned

Talk to you in a couple of hours.

Sincerely,

Severin