[HOT] building=hut task 892

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 00:16:29 UTC 2015

Hi John,

I'm willing to be corrected, but I think we're currently going with
building=yes for all shapes of building. Reading through that particular
project instructions, it doesn't look as if buildings need to be traced at
the moment, just residential boundaries. The problem comes when you find
one or two buildings which you think are some kind of farm building, when
you're only option is to trace the building outline, and if you can find a
road or definite farm area, tag appropriately.

I don't know if this would help, but this is the section on LearnOSM about
buildings
http://learnosm.org/en/coordination/remote/#buildings-compounds-amp-barriers

Regards

Nick

Nick

Volunteer 'Tallguy' for
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Tallguy

Treasurer, website & Bonus Ball admin for
http://www.6thswanleyscouts.org.uk/ (treasurer at 6thswanleyscouts.org.uk)