[HOT] What is a hot activation?

Frederic Moine frmoine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:25:37 UTC 2015

What is ahot activation?

I saw this slide presentation 16 17 on Gaza.
I have activate this task this summer during my holiday as an OSM
contributor. I posted the announcement on OSM lists include HOT.
I was in direct contact with the shelter cluster responsible for the
Middle east region, which has requested assistance for the pre buildings.

Next time it could be somebody from an NGO, cluster or other who make a
taks on the tasking manager.
At the end it was not a request from UNOSAT.

I contacted UNOSAT to know what image they were using (the July 6,
2014). I have conducted a damage assessment with them in 2008 over gaza area
We have digitized all buildings and the product was very useful.

As said the head of Unosat on the HOT list it was the first time we used
the exact same image with the same georeferencing. At the end their
damage assessment point matched perfectly with our building.

_The pending questions:
_

NB: I have no problem for HOT to communicate on GAZA, but still I have
some pending questions:
__

When we know that is an Hot activiation. For gaza it wasn’t an HOT
activation, as we didn’t decide it.

It was just an initiative as an OSM and HOT members done in a short
period of time.

Who can use this tasking manager : NGO, state, local OSM group, etc....

Of course a real HOT activation can improve the
communication/mobilization. , but according to the news at that time we
just digitized as fast as we could.

And at the same time, it was the second phase of the hot activation for
Ebola.

So how many big activation could we handle at the same time?

Juste few question that I have in mind today : ) sorry to share this
like that, as I don't have the time to follow all those working groups
and I apologize for that.

All the best FredM