[HOT] What is a hot activation?

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 18:15:35 UTC 2015

Hi
There was some work a while back to put more definition around the stages of "Activation", and differentiate from HOT related "activities" or "projects". http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/HOT_activation. There's lots done in the HOT community which doesn't go through the "activation process", including the original Gaza effort back in 2009, which led to the formalizing of HOT.

At the Board face to face in June, we made a priority to define a "HOT project", broadly encompassing all kinds of activities taking place in the HOT community, even if not an official project or activation.
In any case, I think there's more work to be done to make this clear and useful for us. I think the Activators Training and HOT Summit will be a great time to work on these.
-Mikel   * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron