[HOT] H2OpenMap

Francesco Giunta giunta.francesco at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:54:05 UTC 2015

Hi John, thank you very much for your message,
I hope to have understood what you had writing, unfortunately my English
skill is poor.

Is my opinion that mapping water well by satellite imagery is a poor
quality work and definitive I do not want to do that. But thanks to those
who do, someone can fix those data by ground mapping campaign. The data I
would like to put in the map are more like these ones ( if not yet in OSM):

   -
   http://thewaterproject.org/get_project_lists?country_name=Burkina-Faso&proj_status=3
   - http://www.ali2000.it/index.php/archivio-progetti-left/2013

I'm planning to go in a Burkina Faso village  in November, I work in that
area since 2007,  to drill a water well in a village I know, need it. At
the same time I would like to ground map the area and meet OSM/HOT Burkina
Faso community to share the project.

My mapping kit will be something like:

   - paper form field
   - garmin GPS dustproof
   - GPS Camera dustproof
   - if I lose or are stolen the gps and the camera, I'll have a dust proof
   android smartphone  in my poket with OSMAND or Geopaparazzi or some other
   app I've not chose yet

overpass water_well query: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/7Ov
the visualization map I'm working on: http://www.h2openmap.org/map

The objective is to provide a pilot project, replicable on other areas from
other NGO. Find a good work-flow, (best practice?, protocol? how can I say
in English?) and put good data in the map and in OSM.

There are lot of things I would like to discuss with HOT community about
that and I'm sure HOT community can be very helpful.

Than you John for your attention and patient,

Cheerio Francesco

Francesco Giunta
giunta.francesco at gmail.com
www.francescogiunta.com
www.rasmataonlus.org

skype: giunta.francesco
cell: +39 339 3793 821

Questo messaggio viene spedito in via confidenziale solo al destinatario.
Potrebbe contenere informazioni legalmente privilegiate. I contenuti devono
essere rivelati solo al destinatario. Qualunque destinatario non
autorizzato viene pregato di rispettare questa confidenzialità e di
avvisare immediatamente il mittente dell'errore di trasmissione.
Pensate al nostro pianeta prima di stampare questa mail. Grazie.

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain
legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed to
anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested to
preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any
error in transmission.

Francesco Giunta
giunta.francesco at gmail.com
www.francescogiunta.com