[HOT] Task manager description/instructions #591

Laura Green lollymay at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:14:32 UTC 2015

Hoping this is the right forum for this question and comment: I'm trying to contribute to "#591 South Sudan Crisis, Cholera outbreak in Juba, mapping with WorldView-2 imagery". I'm not sure I understand the instructions, especially regarding the imagery.

Might someone be able to clarify the instructions shown on the HOT page please?

I *think* it means (for JOSM users, not sure if it applies to ID):

1) please map roads, streets, buildings, walls, water streams and canals.
2) disregard the automatic imagery that downloads when you contribute, download Bing imagery instead.
3) Bing imagery is now aligned correctly (as of date xxx), so please realign or redraw vector data to match the Bing imagery.

...but I may be misinterpreting the description/instructions.

I’d like to comment generally about the hot task manager descriptions/instructions:

Unless indicated as "Expert only" at the very beginning of an activation page, I'm assuming all activations are for the general public to contribute to? The "whys and wherefores" and technical information I feel are often getting in the way of plain and simple  guidance as to what is required, so people can just get on with it, and not have to hunt for the pertinent information.  Plainly worded bullet points would be ideal. Any "nice to know" information could be provided below this.

Laura Green
osm: LollyMay