[HOT] The number of projects we have open and the completion rate.

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Mon Jan 12 19:12:29 UTC 2015

John and all,

This is probably more of a human resource issue than technical, although technical improvements can make it easier on us. I think it comes down to the coordinators, unfortunately no matter how much we improve things like the Tasking Manager, we will still need dedicated coordinators to keep up the interest and make clear asks to the community. In the cases where we do have people ‘championing’ projects, they typically are more thoroughly completed (and validated).  I would also suggest that those interested in this topic to jump in on the next Activation Working Group meeting, we still have work to do to help define and guide a mapping project/activation from start to finish.

Thanks for pushing us to do better, I’m sure we can;

=Russ

Russell Deffner

 <mailto:Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org> Russell.Deffner at hotosm.org

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)