[HOT] Activation Working Group meeting

Severin Menard severin.menard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:07:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just a reminder the Activation Working Group meeting will happen tomorrow
at 14 UTC, as we will be the 2nd Tuesday of the month, on the #hot IRC
channel on OFTC. Click here <http://irc.openstreetmap.org/> if you do not
have an IRC client, put an nickname and select the #hot channel at the very
bottom of the list before logging. If you do not know what IRC is, it is
basically an open platform for texting online in thematic rooms).

*Unfortunately, I will not be able to be online tomorrow at that time
myself. *

For those who think Working Group are "Only for top experienced people, get
away from there, newcomers!": *you are wrong*.

*It is for everybody and I would say especially for newcomers. Because we
need more and more people involved in the activations, not only on mapping
tasks.*

Monitoring humanitarian documentation (to identify crisis we could help +
prioritizing mapping in current activations when not specifically requested
by humanitarian organizations), update the wikis, participate to specific
mapping workflows and imports, validation, contacts with other mappers,
etc. If you get bored by only tracing building, there are many ways to
contribute in other ways.

Providing feedback, suggesting is what any newcomer can do, and it is
almost always very useful because it can either provide new good ideas or
simply pointing out some things should be explained/described better for
people contributing more easily and better.

Sincerely,

Severin