[HOT] Starting on JOSM

Andrew Patterson andrewvhp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:32:57 UTC 2015

I am just starting to do some plotting on task #591 - South Sudan Crisis,
Cholera outbreak in Juba, mapping with WorldView-2 - task 38 and would
welcome some checking and the answer to a couple of questions before I do
too much abortive work.  The first question is, I guess, whether this is
the correct forum into which to place this request.

In opening Task 38 I had assumed from the instructions that the preset
image would be Worldview-2, but I notice from the offset database to which
it is currently set that the name given is Digital Global - is this one and
the same.

When I first started mapping I used iD editor and bling, which had a very
clear image from which I also digitised some areas that appeared to be
cultivated areas.  Although not asked for, these areas did provide some
explanation for certain tracks.  When I converted to JOSM as loaded, on one
occasion I moved the bling image to co-incide with my plotted items, and
adjusted the placing of these areas.  Are both of these actions valid?

Finally, the square that I am currently mapping was for the most part
empty, accept in the southern end where a number of tracks and buildings
had been entered at least 12 months ago.  These do not appear to have been
on a particular offset, and are therefore considerably astray with the
offset that I am using.  Am I justified in moving them, particularly in the
light of the instruction information about the update of imagery.

Would very much appreciate it if someone could provide me with some basic
advise on these points

Many thanks

Andrew

--
Andrew Patterson

The information contained in this e-mail and any
files transmitted with it is confidential and intended for the addressee
only.