[HOT] Work begins on Mapping Africa's Protected Areas

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:48:45 UTC 2015

Hi John,

Congrats on kicking off the Projects!

Do you or anyone on the list have any idea how we can get in contact
with "adventure tourism" or "eco tourism" people (consumers or vendors)?

Companies that offer eco or adventure tourism rely on these areas
staying protected so they have an incentive to help us with on the
ground with gps traces or gps cooridinates for PoI's.

Not to mention they would get credit as the source for helping collect
this data in OSM.

And the same thing for consumers who go on eco/adventure tourism, they
have an incentive help keep these areas protected and would probably
love to help contribute to these projects in some way and have on the
ground experience.

How can we get our message out to these places and people?

Websites? Facebook groups? Travel industry trade organizations?

If people can identify people/places/organizations I am glad to start
spreading the word, but my limited tries so far have not realized any
results.

Or are you already working with companies or groups?

cheers,
Blake