[HOT] [Talk-bd] OSM for mitigation project

Jorieke Vyncke jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 17:05:53 UTC 2015

Hi Fred,

Like you maybe know, Pete and I are at this moment in Bangladesh for the
missing maps project.

And out of my experience here, you can be sure you can count on the
Bangladeshi OSM community!

We are for example mapping these days together with a group of around 10-15
volunteers who are doing amazingly good! Have a look on the Bangladesh
Facebook group to see all the enthusiasm!

It might also be useful to talk to Tai Chi from Japan, he did some mapping
with drones in Bangladesh before. Have look at this video:
http://vimeo.com/68523276  Istiaque also know about it I think...

And Fred if we can help out a little bit while being here, if we can talk
to the TdH people here in Bangla together with Istiaque or Ahasan or
another hard core mapper, we definitely want to! Just let us know what we
can do.

Best greetings,

Jorieke