[HOT] Waterway Tags

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at mazemap.no
Thu Jan 22 08:50:58 UTC 2015

El Jueves 22. enero 2015 01.18.52 Blake Girardot escribió:
> As to the tagging suggestion, Ralph, I _think_ the current best practice
> is to tag an intermittent stream or river like this:
>
> waterway=river (or stream)
> intermittent=yes
> or
> seasonal=yes

I think we should follow the example of the "abandoned:" namespace, as in
http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Key:abandoned , and use something like:

intermmitent:waterway=river
or
seasonal:waterway=river

This instantly solves the problem of roads that can be driven only on dry
seasons:

seasonal:road=secondary

And solves the semantics problem of which aspects of the feature are seasonal
and which are not (e.g. the name of a waterway or road doesn't change through
seasons)

As this has already been done to abandoned and disused features, I guess that
all the data conversion tools are ready for something like it.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> <ivan at geonerd.org>