[HOT] Mapping Northern Nigeria ?

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 23 01:32:58 UTC 2015

Hi Sergio
Priority of HOT is to make the Basemap and support the humanitarian organizations that operate in the various countries. We occasionnally did some Damage evaluation, but need more thought about the Tagging schema.
While BaseMap is our priority, there might be some emergencies where we are asked to collaborate to Damage evaluation. For every of these events, we have to discuss among us and carefully evaluate if it pertinent to do so.

 For our community to participate to damage evaluation in arm conflicts might be problematic both for the security of the humanitarians in the field and for our relations between the humanitarian organizations that operate in the field. These actions have to be evaluated very carefully..

Methodology is a distinct aspect and I will open a ticket to discuss about it. As it was discussed while we started the Haiyan Activation, we had to operate quickly in the emergency and established a temporary schema to be revised later.
regard
 Pierre