[HOT] Damage evaluation tagging schema

Markware Software Services markwaresoftware at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 04:12:56 UTC 2015

Hi Pierre

An additional thought, the context of teh mapping activity is an important
piece of information to everyone using OSM now and for the future

If you add a tag like (tag name is just for example)

context = "HOT"
context:crisis = "haiyan"
context:crisis:detail = "destroyed: etc ..."

would result in three searchable and indexable database columns that would
allow all HOT activities to be easily identified and statistical analysis
done, and be able to pull all HOT related activities for a specific crisis

It would be very obvious where the data originated and under what basis the
data was entered into the database. That data should stay permanently as it
would be relevant to future mappers to assess that object, but would also
keep the information relevant to Hot outside the mainstream OSM activity.

It also allows you to tag existing structures without affecting any of the
mainstream OSM rendering.

Cheers
MArk

Regards

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on Open Street Map <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*
The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.