[HOT] LearnOSM - updates

Kate Chapman kate.chapman at hotosm.org
Tue Jan 27 23:51:12 UTC 2015

Hi Althio,

That is the original aim of transifex, but there are projects that use it
to manage documentation translation as well. It is used for the InaSAFE
documentation for example(1). The upside to it is it is very easy to get
translators started and tracking of changes works well. The downside is
many people don't like doing the translations as individual strings.

Perhaps someone from HOT-id can mention their thoughts on this, since you
are the ones most familiar with the process.

Best,

-Kate

(1) http://inasafe.org/

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:17 PM, althio <althio.forum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Russell, Cristiano,
>
> As far as I know transifex: it is intended to translate and keep
> up-to-date strings that are used possibly several times in software code.
> It seems less useful to tackle entire pages of unique text with headings
> and context and flow and images.
>
> It is mentioned at least here in the IRC transcript
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Meetings/TrainingWG/27_October_2014
>
> Any thoughts welcome.
>
> althio

Kate Chapman