[HOT] LearnOSM - updates

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:48:02 UTC 2015

Having worked with translators and translations on technical matters I
found that the best translations were done by a native speaker who worked
in the subject area.  When you try and translate a technical subject you
first have to understand the subject matter.  I once spent two hours
explaining the meanings of two lines of English to a senior translator who
wasn't happy with the quality of the initial translation.

In the end he accepted that the technical people all worked in English and
we would just do a sentence by sentence translational to the second
language that was essentially meaningless to satisfy a manager it had been
done.

It can be very difficult especially nuances.

Cheerio John