[HOT] Request for help/guidance on a project to test diarrheal disease interventions in Kendua Sub-District, Bangladesh.

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 23:46:25 UTC 2015

I think the first thing to do is to define exactly where Kendua is.  In OSM
there are a number of locations that are in Bangladesh.  If its the
location that is near Dhaka then there has been some recent mapping on the
ground in Dhaka.  http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/831, 833, 838.

Generally speaking the process is find some high resolution imagery then
use remote mappers.  Others within the group will know the process better
than I.

If you have good GPS traces where there are no high buildings which can
cause problems then one method that was used in Dhaka is to make them
available on a google drive etc, they don't need to be uploaded or imported
into OSM then someone such as myself can import them into JOSM and map the
roads from them.

If its around lat 23.8145821 23.8550163 long 90.5169869 90.5851134 then
there is some fairly good high resolution imagery available from
*DigitalGlobe’s
WorldView-2* satellite that covers a fair bit of the area and generally
speaking I think its easier to use than GPS data.

You should be aware that not all HOT projects get mapped instantly, and
ones that request every building gets mapped often drag on so think what is
the minimum you need.  You can always request roads first then do another
HOT task for buildings later.

Cheerio John