[HOT] Request for help/guidance on a project to test diarrheal disease interventions in Kendua Sub-District, Bangladesh.

Jorieke Vyncke jorieke.vyncke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 10:05:12 UTC 2015

Hi Stace and Eric,

Pete is talking about the same people as I did to you before. Some of our
Bangladesh mappers are now also on this list... But I will sent you a
follow up mail on this.

Further I like very much your idea, and would like to give you some input.

Talking out of my experience; to trace patients, not necessarily all
buildings are needed in the first phase. To track patients the main
important this is to be able to locate people. So this means collecting
locally used neighbourhood names, locally used street names,

and landmarks used by the people. Buildings are in my view then a second
step.

I don't know how big the area is you're focused on? Maybe you can quickly
point it on a Umap  <http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/>for us? Fingers crossed,
for good imagery in the area of interest...

Also I was thinking it might be good to set up an OSM Bangla Skype group to
try to coordinate all the upcoming projects a little bit. Lastly there was
also interest of Terre des Hommes, the American Red Cross is going to do
more things in spring,... So we can coordinate a bit and share resources
and thoughts on mapping in the very particular context of Bangladesh.
Please let me know if you are interested in this.

Best greetings,

Jorieke