[HOT] Support HOT by supporting the OpenStreetMap Foundation

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:02:02 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow HOT Community Members,

I wanted to take one moment to remind everyone that HOT and the work we
do relies on a good strong OpenStreetMap ecosystem.

One great way to help ensure that OpenStreetMap stays strong is to join
the OpenStreetMap Foundation (OSMF).

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Join

Membership in OSMF is pretty easy, all you have to do to join and
support OSMF is sign up and pay the yearly dues.

The cost is £15 per year, which is about US $24.00 which is not an
insignificant amount of money to many of us, but I joined because I want
to support OSM generally and I know that a strong OSM is important to
HOT's mission.

Your yearly dues are used to keep the servers running and other required
administrative expenses.

The other benefit of joining the OSMF is that you will help elect their
Board of Directors, which has an impact on the work we do as well.

I strongly encourage anyone who can afford to join the OSMF do so, it
helps OSM, HOT, our partners, and the communities we serve around the world.

Cheers,
Blake