[HOT] OSM Damage Assessment

Michal Bodnár bodnarm89 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:55:14 UTC 2015

Hello HOT community,

I am currently doing a research where I am validating and comparing
different types of damage assessments of Nepal EQ - UNOSAT/Copernicus,
Tomnod, Ushahidi (a special case) and I would like OSM damage assessment to
be researched as well.

I would have therefore some questions:
1. What everything is being mapped in terms of damage assessment? I have
noticed landslides and damaged buildings.
2. In case of buildings, is there any classification of the level of damage
being made (e.g. EMS-98 scale)?
3. How is the progress of the damage assessment so far? Do you think that
the current status of DA is already enough "good" to be used?
4. How can I download all the damage assessment data in one package? I
noticed the links for 30 minutes updates of the data, but that does not (as
far as I know) include DA data.

I would like to thank you in advance for any answer.

Wish you all a great day,
Michal.
--
Michal Bodnár, M.Eng.
PhD Researcher at Beihang University/NDRCC