[HOT] Saturday "Mapternoon" 4th of July Edition - Now and the next 3 to 4 hours

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Sat Jul 4 18:16:23 UTC 2015

Hi Blake, thanks for supporting this idea and calling for HOTties to come chat!

Just FYI, I'm not 'hosting' these, it was just my suggestion when a call for 'more frequent' community chats came up during one of the "HOT Community Calls" hosted by Heather and Tyler.  I think it would be great to see the Community WG 'take the lead' in getting these promoted and 'staffed' but I think if we just keep doing them informally every week, then maybe by August/September, it will just 'be a thing' and won't need much announcing/planning/etc.

Also, since I live in the Rocky Mountains, July 4th weekend is basically just 'increased fire danger' weekend for us locals - so I've been out doing mitigation this morning, but it's 'mapternoon' for me now and I'll try to hang out for an hour or so, but it is rather beautiful today, so thinking I'd rather be outside today :) and in general I cannot really commit to being available every Saturday, so thanks for the 'shout out' but really I think the message should be "HOT is hosting Saturday Mapternoons on Mumble".

Cheers,
=Russ