[HOT] paths, tracks and unclassified in West Africa

Ralf Stephan gtrwst9 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 15:17:02 UTC 2015

I would say the instructions to the task are the applicable authority.
They advise to "tag roads according the Highway Tag Africa wiki page
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa>"
There one can read:

    The *Highway* tag reflects the Economic and social dimension of the
road.

    Tag:  The small roads going outside the residential areas, mainly
for *agricultural
and forestry* purposes. In general these roads do not have connecting
function with other roads.

(I hope the applied emphasis is not lost with yxour mail program)

I can imagine this goes against the core with English speakers who
just know what a track is but I fear the word is used differently here.

Best,