[HOT] paths, tracks and unclassified in West Africa

Suzan Reed suzan at suzanreed.com
Sun Jul 12 00:43:22 UTC 2015

It depends on where in Africa the building/huts are as to how many people they hold, and if people live there long term or if they are simply shelter for workers. In mid Cameroon, for instance, one or two huts can house a large, extended family out in a rural area where farming is done. Some people live on their farmland all the time. Also, the kind of buildings/huts change in how they look from tribe to tribe. In mid Cameroon they change from round gray buildings to round white buildings with a small square spot on top. In other areas of Cameroon, there are round buildings joined together in a “pod”, that can look like a grove of trees. Few are square.

Researching the specific area being mapped is important. It does take effort as not much of some areas of Africa are well documented or photographed.

Suzan