[HOT] Lubumbashi mapping

Pete Masters pedrito1414 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:04:06 UTC 2015

Hello all,

We're a bit late writing this message!

It should say that Claire Halleux is *going to* Lubumbashi in Congo (DRC)
to collaborate with local mappers to finish what Jorieke Vyncke started a
year ago [1 <http://hotosm.org/updates/2014-04-01_a_week_in_lubumbashi_drc>]
(the first Missing Maps field mapping trip, before it was even called
Missing Maps).

But... Claire is *ALREADY IN *Lubumbashi, two days in to the project!

She is there now as we need to finish this work in the next weeks. MSF are
ready to implement cholera response tools in the field, meaning that
catching an outbreak when it happens (and it happens often in Lubumbashi)
and responding to outbreaks will be a much more effective process.

If you have time to support Claire and the team, there are tasks in the
tasking manager (just search Missing Maps) ready for some work. Most of it
is buildings as the HOT community has already done great work in this area.
Also, Claire may need other bits and pieces of support, but she'll let you
know. She's pretty busy, which is why it is me writing this message and not
her!

Thanks for your help and give us a shout if you have any questions!

Pete

[1] http://hotosm.org/updates/2014-04-01_a_week_in_lubumbashi_drc
--
*Pete Masters*