[HOT] [HOT Training] Re: LearnOSM Glossary

Steve Bower steve at worldvista.net
Fri Jul 24 21:45:23 UTC 2015

+1 for Susan's comments.

A multi-language GIS glossary (eventually) will be a real accomplishment
for OSM.

A few other thoughts you may have already considered:

I suggest maintaining either a LearnOSM glossary or the OSM wiki glossary,
but not both. One can point to the other. Or, the LearnOSM glossary could
be shorter, focused on beginners, and point to a more comprehensive OSM
wiki glossary.

OGC has a glossary [1] that's copyright OGC, but they might make it
available to OSM on request.

The wiki.gis.com glossary might be of use [2].

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/glossary
[2] http://wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/GIS_Glossary

~~Steve