[HOT] Benefit to economy after creating a map

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:43:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

Since this is the HOT mailing list I assume you're asking for research
with developing countries.

I don't have any developing-world info I'm afraid but here are two
items from Europe:

This UK report estimates that the OS OpenData initiative will deliver
a net £13.0 million - £28.5 million increase in GDP in 2016. The main
components of this increase are net productivity gains (£8.1 million –
£18.2 million) and additional real tax revenues (£4.4 million – £8.3
million):
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ordnance-survey-open-data-economic-value-study

This Danish report "documents that the free-of-charge agreement, as
anticipated, has been an important condition for realising
considerable social benefits of reusing public data on addresses":
http://www.adresse-info.dk/Portals/2/Benefit/Value_Assessment_Danish_Address_Data_UK_2010-07-07b.pdf

The UK Open Data Institute has more info and links in this guide: "How
to make a business case for open data":
http://theodi.org/guide/how-make-business-case-open-data

Best
Dan