[HOT] Map-a-thon getting 509 Bandwidth Exceeded error

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:57:56 UTC 2015

Nick
Yes, this is probably due to a shared IP address for that lab. This problem has been seen before at mapathons, but usually with much higher number of users. Usually, the rate-limiting will ease off after a time, so it should've been available again later.
The OSMF Operations team won't currently make exceptions to the rate-limiting policy. But they do think it should be an unusually high volume situation to trip the bandwidth limits. I think it's worth asking if one of them will investigate more closely to see if there was something unusual in the situation of your mapathon. Do you have the IP address for the mapathon venue?
-Mikel * Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron