[HOT] HOT Board and Chair Elections

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:41:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Blake, thanks for nominating Heather; I was just thinking about this
nomination process.

All, last year one of the problems we went through with the Board election
process was that a last minute proposal was made to radically change the
organisation and members didn't, it could well be argued, have enough time
to openly discuss the issues and the ramifications. More recently we've
admitted more members to the organisation and have, again, arguably done
this too quickly and without enough time for debate and discussion.

The nomination period closes on March 9th. This is less than a week in the
future and there are currently only 2 nominations, both for people who are
current Board members.

If you're considering running for the Board, please get your name on the
list soon. Please also tell us why you should be a Board member; if you've
written a manifesto, get it circulated as soon as possible.

Please lets go through this process as best we can.

Thanks, Joseph