[HOT] project/917#task/61

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 4 23:31:23 UTC 2015

This recent MSF report makes the point about the situation in West Africa.
http://www.msf.org/article/ebola-epidemic-not-over-%E2%80%93-key-areas-still-need-be-tackled
Among other aspects, they talk about the work done in Boffa district.

Pierre

      De : john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com>
 À : Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>
Cc : "bgirardot at gmail.com" <bgirardot at gmail.com>; "hot at openstreetmap.org" <hot at openstreetmap.org>
 Envoyé le : Mercredi 4 mars 2015 16h57
 Objet : Re: [HOT] project/917#task/61

Sounds good to me.

Thanks John

On 4 March 2015 at 16:07, Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr> wrote:

John, I found two areas with one or two buildings that were not mapped.  For the rest, as Blake said, these seem to be just some artifact.
But we should understand what are the objectives of such mapping. The international organizations are helping to rebuild the health system and assure better sanitation conditions. With all the health ressources allocated to the Ebola outbreak, a lot of other sickness were not adressed.

The objective of the mapping  is to help MSF planning their visit in the area, to assure that basic preventions are maintained and support their basic sanitation needs. Villages / hamlets and roads connecting to these settlements are the priority of the mapping. If we miss some more isolated housings, I dont think that this is really a problem. The same with all the paths in the farms.
 regard
Pierre