[HOT] Vanuata Islands, Pam Cyclone

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 14 17:20:51 UTC 2015

Vanuatu Archipel (800 km long) was severely hit by the Pam Cyclone.  I started discussion with Dale about this. Not yet sure at this point if Red Cross will deploy.
We start to document for the islands hit and the imagery available.
 I first look at the situation this morning, I saw dispersed residential areas not always connected by roads.
 Preliminary infos
ReliefWeb as published March 12 a map of the probable path. I cannot load the pdf but we see the area that was probably hit.
http://js.static.reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/VUT_Cyclone_Track_Map_March12.pdf

Pierre