[HOT] Vanuata Islands, Pam Cyclone

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 15 13:18:31 UTC 2015

Great Crowdsourcing effort from the community again. Thanks to all for this quick response. Be assure that the International community is quite happy about this.
We repeated what we did for the first day of the Ebola response. In 20 hours, we covered all the priority islands to map (both jobs are about 99% completed).

There are no discussions yet with our partners about the next steps that would be necessary.

Validation + Communication towers + landing areas

I want to enhance the map while we do the validation step. Please, follow the following intructions :
- Spot communication towers even if this is uneasy- For each village, assure that a common space has been added (leisure=common) and trace major buildings
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/943
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/944

Coordination with the DHNetwork
We started a Skype communication room a few hours ago with the DHNetwork partners.  Still incomplete News with the communication problems, the bad weather and all the remote villages. An update indicates that many villages were swept (up to 90% destroyed).
Jean-Guilhem collaborates with Jus Mackinnon to prepare an Impact map showing pictures of various areas.

Data Exports
 The HOT Exports will let us offer map export updates. Could somebody prepare an export in obf format for OSMAnd?

cheers

Pierre

Pierre