[HOT] eHealth Africa Borno 508 Health Facilities Import and Road Editing

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:21:15 UTC 2015

Hi again:

I've prepared a second import of eHealth Africa data for Borno State,
this time 508 Health Facilities.

For that purpose, a wiki [1] and a workflow wiki [2] has been writen,
and a project in the Tasking Manager created [3] for this import.

The goals of this import are two-fold: 1) Import those health facilities,
and 2) Improve the still poor road network for that area, editing the
road access to all those facilities.

I write to this list asking for comments before proceeding to the
imports list.

A key element that I'd like your opinion is about the proposed tagging.

I based the tagging in the Healthcare 2.0 proposal [4], keeping the
amenity=* tag for compatibility with the traditional tagging of health
in OSM. Some tags are based on the Healthcare 2.0 proposal, but not
found there, like for example
health_specialty:obstetrics:caesarean_section=yes/no/unknown, that I
created as subspecialty from health_specialty:obstetrics. There are
some others that follow that schema.

One field that I consider interesting is phcn_elect=* (it means if
they have electricity or not in the facility). I didn't find any tag
for this in the OSM wiki, so I proposed electrical_supply=yes/no/unknown

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Borno_Health_Facilities